Saturday, July 11, 2015

Fifty Shades of Him... My Review of "Grey".. Written By: E.L. James

Grey (Fifty Shades, #4)Grey by E.L. James
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Point blank: Everyone has got an opinion about "FSOG."

Yes. The writing wasn't top notch.

And Yes. The movie was seemingly pretentious. (Haven't seen it yet, and I probably won't).

But, it's not about the BDSM.



It's about a grown man who was wounded as a child, and had yet to "sort his shit out."

Now when he meets a woman, who piques his interest, and sends him on a merry chase, that's when the fun (& the analysis) begins.

If I was a Psych major, I could have loads of fun making sense of this book, but since I am a Sociology major, the only thing that I can say, is that this book speaks to issues in our society concerning dysfunctional childhoods, skin hunger, and our feeble attempts (as a dysfunctional society) at navigtivating romantic relationships with said baggage.

Like it or hate it, "Grey" is, what it is.

And that is,... a closer examination of the inner workings of a man who is seeking to exorcise his demons, all for the chance of normalcy, the love & affection of a good woman, and a good night's sleep.

Giving this one: 3.5 stars.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment